ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE GENERAL MANAGER POSITION
Nithi Water and Sanitation Company is a Water Services Provider that was contracted by Tana Water Services Board to provide water and sanitation services in parts of Tharaka-Nithi County under the previous Water Act 2002.The water and sanitation services are a devolved function under Water Act 2016, therefore the company is now owned by Tharaka Nithi County Government. The company seeks to recruit a transformative, visionary and goal driven individual as the Managing
The Managing Director is the Accounting Officer of the Company and is responsible for the overall day to day operations of the Company Reporting to the Board of Directors; the successful candidate will oversee strategic and operational management of the Company under the guidance of the Board of Directors.
- 1) Developing for the approval of the Board, strategic and business plans, including annual work-plans, budgets, tariffs, policies and performance targets.
- Lead in execution of the company’s Strategic Plan, performance targets, budgets and policies in line with the company’s vision, mission and core values to ensure continuous improvement in service delivery
- Liaison Officer with the Tharaka Nithi County Government and other stakeholders.
- Ensuring safe custody and management of the company’s assets through proper management practices.
- Lead and manage the human resource of the company to build capacity, develop, attract and retain good employees
- Promote the company’s image and develop a good working relationship with all stakeholders and partners.
- Ensure compliance with Government policies, regulations, directives, statutory and reporting requirements
- Strengthen the company internal control mechanisms
- Grow and strengthen the company sustainability
- Foster a good corporate culture that promotes values enshrined in the Kenyan constitution
- Anticipating technological and other important developments and/or potential risk and formulating relevant policies thereto for approval by the Board of Directors.
- Acting as the Secretary to the Board
- Acting as the principal spokesperson of the company
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Board of Directors or the County Government of Tharaka Nithi to achieve the company’s objectives
Required qualifications, experience and competencies
The successful candidate should have practical skills, experience and a demonstrable track record in managing a large and dynamic department or organization. Specifically, the candidate must have:
- At least a first degree in Civil/ Water Engineering, Finance, Economics, Business Administration(or any other business related), Environmental Sciences plus training in Management.
- Registered with a professional body with a certificate of Membership in good standing and a valid practicing license.
- Minimum of Eight (8) year’s overall working experience in senior management, (3) years of which must have been in Water and Sanitation sector.
- A sound understanding of the reforms taking place in the water sector in Kenya.
Desired skills and competencies include; strong management and negotiation skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines, and ICT skills
Terms of Service: 3 year renewable Contract
Your application should include a cover letter that demonstrates why you are the best candidate for the position, a detailed up-to-date CV, photocopies of relevant certificates, testimonials and Chapter 6 requirements of Constitution of Kenya 2010. The letter should also indicate the current and expected remuneration package, names, telephone number and email addresses of three professional referees and your personal e-mail address and telephone number.
The Application envelope to be clearly marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF GENERAL MANAGER”
Applications must be addressed to:
The Chairman Board of Directors
Nithi Water and Sanitation Company
P.O. Box 263-60400
Or the application to be dropped at the Company’s main Office in Chuka located within the County Commissioner’s Compound in a box marked ‘APPLICATION FOR MANAGING DIRECTOR’S POSITION’
Applications to reach the organization by 23rd October 2019 at 5.00 pm
Those who had earlier applied are required to reapply again.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
NIWASCO is an equal opportunity employer. Women, youth and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.